View HTML source
Source - Switch the editor between Design and source code modes
Shows the source code or HTML of the page for direct editing, thus:
This is for advanced users only. It applies to both templates and pages. If you are really unsure, take a copy of the page first and try it there!
NB if you don't know what you re doing with HTML, please do not touch this!
Important: Editing the HTML directly must be your own responsibility. However, you always have the option of re starting if you mess up a page but you will lose the current work on that page!
1) Click on the advance checkbox at the top of the admin panel and then click on the miscellaneous tab in the page editor.
2) Place your cursor where you wish to add the code and write xxxxx
3) Click on the source button to get the html source.
5) In the find window, write xxxxx and then click on go. This will find and highlight the xxxxx in the code. You now know that you will not break the html in the page, provided you don't highlight more than the xxxxx (and the code you are about to paste is not broken already!).
6) Click cancel on the find and replace. Now copy the html and then paste it into the page at the point of the xxxxx, making sure you have just this highlighted. It will be replaced.
8) If you are happy with what you have done, save the page and then preview it.
to be in the head of the page, this must be added within the template,
not in the page editor. The function, if it is to show on the
page and this is not part of the template, may need to be added
separately onto the page editor using points 1) - 8) above.
Last update: 17.12.2016